Thursday, January 7, 2016

LUKEWARM IS NO GOOD

i have been blogging for 1 full year. 
12 full months. 
excuse me for being proud, but trust me, that's a long time for me to stick to anything.

blogging has been an amazing blessing in my life and i've been able to connect with so many wonderful people through it..
but let's get one thing clear,
i never planned on sharing my blog with anyone. ANYONE. not my fam not my friends, just me myself and i. it was going to be my little private journal on the internet, (except actually better than a journal because i could add pictures and mess around with html code and stuff like that cause i'm a nerd.)

and here's the thing..
I DID NOT WANT TO BE "LINK IN BIO GIRL".  I REFUSED TO BE "LINK IN BIO GIRL". blogging is a dangerous hobby, surrounded by stereotypes and haters and judgmental white girls. the game plan was to keep my blog a secret because, for lack of better words, i was scared of those people. i was scared of the hundreds of experienced mommy bloggers throughout utah who would laugh at my pathetic design skills and overuse of sarcasm. i was scared that my friends would judge me and i would come across as a wannabe or attention seeker. 
but then i came across this little lovely:
if blogging was something i was gonna do, it didn't make sense just to keep it to myself. if i had something to say, i might as well say it to the whole world wide web. and maybe, just maybe, something i said would help someone else in this big scary world. blogging was something i was interested in because of other blogs i had stumbled across that uplifted and inspired me, and this quote pushed me to go at it "full speed," and to "become passionate about it."
if i was going to do it, i was going to do it right. this quote has also helped me in other aspects of my life, especially when i became insecure about my ideas and creativity. what i learned from this quote pushed me to make my ideas come to life, to make short films, to do more photoshoots, to try painting and to meet new people. if you're interested in something, go at it full speed, 
LUKEWARM IS NO GOOD.
heavens bless you roald dahl, look what you got me into.

xx
kjp.

p.s.
these are my favorite posts from 2015. oh, what a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS