Wednesday, December 30, 2015

CHEAPER THAN THERAPY


i'm all about happiness and stuff like that, but lets be real, sometimes life gets a little bumpy and you find myself in little depressing funks that you can't get out of simply by smiling 24/7. this past semester particularly has been bit emotionally rough, primarily because, well, i'm a flipping teenage girl with estrogen, duh.. but also because a lot of hard changes.. :-) let's just leave it at that.
although i'm sure it works wonders, i've actually never been to legit therapy nor do i really need it. (i'm going to count that as a blessing). and since i have no money and there's no way in heaven i'm going to free group therapy at the rec center, so as the thrifty gal i am, i have found several cheaper alternatives.

+ skiing. 
actually, i take that back, it's probably not a cheaper alternative, but there's just something about mama nature and good company and going really fast down hills with the occasional yardsale that makes me forget there are any problems in the world. hmu if you wanna shred sometime... i got a season pass and a condo ;)

+ music.
it fixes everything. i'm not joking. the right song can make me feel really happy, even if i'm actually not feeling that sunny. artificial emotion, you could say. 
and other songs work like little bandaids, with their catchy tunes and magical lyrics, to heal any emotional wounds or other dramatic-sounding stuff like that.

+ quotes. 
you know when you're just scrollin through pintrest having a jolly good time on your couch when a little gem of words hits you like a ton of bricks? ya, well that happens to me a lot. and then i end up sitting on my couch for another hour having an even jollier good time reading a bunch of quotes that make me laugh so hard, not because they're funny, but because they littttterrreaallly are my life in words. it feels good to have someone/something to relate to. even if it's just a cluster of pixels formed into words that resonate with my life profoundly.

+ people.
people like people. well, sometimes people hate people, but i like people. people distract me from other people that make me almost dislike people. i just said "people" a lot, whoops. but i like being with human beings on rough days because then am distracted from my baby issues and instead having a jolly good time with my people.

+ art.
and here is where i would leave the link to my etsy shop cause i'm a super successful artist. psych. by art i mean i like to decorate my room and take pictures and play the violin and make films and press flowers and make prints and fun stuff like that that technically counts as art. 
wow much artsy wow. 

+ fam.
nothing like some good family time to make you grateful for your friends. HAHA JK. love ya fam. you're my rock. you rock.

i'm gonna stop now before i get into things like disney channel and shopping and pizza that make me sound like a total white girl. 
it's a great day to have a great day, even if you're not having a great day yet… have a great day.

your therapist?
kp

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS