Wednesday, April 22, 2015

PLAIN WHITE T'S

prepare yourself for some low quality iphone pics



^this is what i call a progressive selfie. for example: a girl holds out her phone, and before you know it, every white girl within a 1 mile radius comes running so they can be in the picture. its fascinating, really.


pre-concert cuddle pile


girl logic: hey this picture is really crappy, so i'm just gonna turn it black and white and it will be all better woot woot
LOOK MOM LOOK I'M CROWD SURFING




let me tell you about the best $11 i ever did spend. 

three words: PLAIN WHITE T'S

i was driving home from allie's house late one friday night when I heard an ad on the radio that changed my life forever: plain white ts was coming to st. george. 
they're not the biggest or coolest band, but they were coming to st. george. (bands never come to st. george so this was a big deal) being the party seeking teenagers that we are, me and my friends decided to go. we're all poor sophomores so we ended up getting "general admission" tickets instead of "VIP" tickets, but we actually ended up getting the best seats in the entire house. we brought blankets and layed them just to the left of the stage. we had enough room to dance, eat, party, and even sleep if necessary. we got there early and waited in line for an eternity, then we waited, waited, and waited some more for the concert to start. but let me tell you, it was worth it.

quick side note:
 i love live music with a burning passion. from the hobo jamming out on his sax in the DC subway station to carrie underwood singing about how jesus took the wheel... I. LOVE.  LIVE. MUSIC. moving on..

when the band came out onto the stage the entire population of st george went crazy. the band then proceeded to sing a bunch of songs that no one even knew, (except for hey there delilah, 1234, and rhythm of love) and we proceeded to dance our little bootays off. 
about two songs into the concert one of the band members made the mistake had the great idea of telling people they could come up closer. me and my friends, as well as the rest of the teens of st. g, stampeded the VIP section and made our way to the front of the stage. i smiled like a little fan girl as i stood less then 5 feet away from the semi-famous tom higgenson and his hot guitarist tim lopez singing songs that i didn't know, yet i knew i'd never forget.

as the songs got more upbeat, so did the crowd. it started out as a little jumping, but soon turned into a full blown mosh pit. and next thing i knew, i was on top of the crowd, well,,, surfing. yes, I WENT CROWD SURFING. (brb gotta go cross it off my bucket list) crowd surfing is so not overrated. it was soooooo fun. (although i've never had so many people touch my butt at once hahah) 
other highlights of the concert include the lead singer flicking his sweat on me, being with people i love, and learning for myself what it was like for delilah in new york city. lol.


60 years from now when i'm old and gray, i'll be listening to the "oldies" station and plain white tees will come on. i'll stop what i'm doing, shed a few tears and then call my grandchildren around me. they'll all sigh as i, once again, tell them the story of that glorious night in my adolescence when plain white tees came to st. george. yes, it was that good. 

there is something about being sourounded (or rather squished up against) all your best friends screaming the lyrics to a song, that just makes you feel so alive. thanks for a good night plain white t's. (or as my friend calls them... "black patterned pants" HAHA)

small disclaimer(side effects of partying too hard): 
i broke all my toes, (DONT GO INTO A MOSH PIT BAREFOOT) bruised my entire body, (i'm telling you there are no advantages to being short in a mosh pit) sprained all my limbs, (squeezing to the front is harder then you think) lost half of my hair, (don't ever wear your hair down to a concert, i think everyone in st. george took home at least one of my hairs, i'm serious). also, most of the night i was squished up against hundreds of sweaty bodies that i didn't know... BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.

so here's to small town concerts, live music and good friends. 
as plain white tees says so well in their song "1234"...
I LOVE YOUUUU

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS