Sunday, March 13, 2016

happy 14th, babygirl





My baby sister turned 14 yesterday!!! 
Although, unfortunately she's not very baby anymore :,( 
Anna used to be the most gullible child and the perfect accomplice to all the schemes that I would think up. Not to mention, me and my brother, Ben, really got a kick out of convincing her she was colorblind and adopted and stuff. HAHA. Sorry Anna!! But now you're getting older and it's getting harder and harder for me to convince you to do stuff (like for example do a photoshoot in a blizzard), which, personally, is really disappointing, but shoutout to you for being independent and growing up and all that jazz!

When I turned 14, my witty grandma powell wrote me a cute little poem that describes the age perfectly:

Imagine being just fourteen.
The year that is betwixt/between.
Wanting to be cuddled tight,
But knowing that it's just not right.
Wanting Mom still in the rear,
But hoping soon she'll disappear.
Holding to security of home,
But thinking it's okay to roam.
Leaving behind all dolls and toys,
Wanting time to flirt with boys.
Stay close by if I need a loan,
But I know I need a budget of my own.
Mom and Dad don't shed big tears,
But you come in second to my peers.
I need to try some things new,
Maybe bend a rule or two.
Here's to hoping folks can plainly see,
Just how grown up I've come to be.
As I go from child to adult,
It's sure to have a good result.
I know as the year goes by,
I'll daily change and here is why.
Because i'm turing to fourteen,
It is the year betwixt/between.
All year long it is a must.
Stand back all and please adjust.
-Mary Helen Powell

isn't my grandma a poem wizard?? i love that lady

happy birthday babygirl!!
ctr & watch for cars!!

<3
katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS