Sunday, July 24, 2016

sunday thoughts #5


yesterday me and my family were walking back to our apartment after a long day of touristing, when I suddenly felt a hole in my chest, like how a mother feels when she realizes she's missing one of her children, but then I remembered I didn't have any children.....BUT MY CAMERA WAS GONE!!! hahaha ok I'm being dramatic, but I was freeeeaked out, that camera is literally my life! i yelled something frantic like "my baby!!," then turned on my heels and ran through downtown boston, dodging cars and people and hot dog stands. (note to self: if you ever want to sprint a 1/2 mile with obstacles again, urban outfitter platforms are NOT the shoes to do it in.)
once I reached h&m I ran straight to the corner where I had tried stuff on (the fitting room line was really long, you've done it too, k) and it wasn't there... in that moment my heart sunk so deep I thought it was going to turn into a black hole.

this was a huge city and it'd been almost 30 minutes. anyone could have it.

 I feel like diving into one of those round clothing racks that we all used to hide in while our moms shopped, but I decided to make the responsible decision and check lost and found before i pouted, even though the chances of them having it were very slim, we were in the heart of boston, after all.
but as I walked up to the nearest employee with the most stressed out face my little 17 year old face has ever known, I didn't even finish my sentence before the employee said in a heavy bostonian accent "wee gaht it" and handed me the most beautiful hunk of plastic and metal and glass my eyes have ever beheld.
MORAL OF THIS SAGA:
God is good, tender mercies are real.
he loves us so much.
throughout this entire experience i was just praying my little heart out. whether i had a fancy camera or not does not affect God at all, yet he knew that it was something that is ridiculously important to me. this was a good reality check for me. he takes you low before he takes you higher. even if that cycle only lasts about 10 VERY stressful minutes.

also I am a noob, and i need to get my life together.. but we already knew that.
happy sunday!

(read #4 pls haha)
sunday thoughts #4
sunday thoughts #3
sunday thoughts #2
sunday thoughts #1

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS