Sunday, June 19, 2016

father's day

unfortunately, right now I am at a leadership camp so I didn't get to spend father's day with my daddio. he truly has made me who I am today, for better or for worse.. (hahahah just kidding, dad, love ya)

from him I devolved my love for music as my extreme sweet tooth.
from him I developed my love for the great outdoors and wholesome recreation. 
from him I developed my love of people and love of God.

he has been the greatest example in my life. 

for example.. today at my leadership camp we were asked to think of the most serviceable person we know and why we thought of them. of course, I immediately thought of my amazing father. I swear to you this man will go to the ends of the earth to make sure his family is happy.
or as I learned last summer, at least the ends of the United States. it was the end of July and I was headed on a humanitarian trip to Fiji with a friend. after a short flight from Vegas to LA , we met our group of about 20 kids in LAX. upon preparing to leave for Fiji, however, I was not able to board the plane because of passport complications. my whole group, including the counselors, left to Fiji and I was left to fend for myself, or at least I thought I was, until I called my dad. my dad did not even hesitate to start driving to LA to help me. just knowing that my dad was on his way let me sleep in peace as I hid in that LAX bathroom lolol. he was my rock through that entire experience and I will never forget the sacrifice he made to make sure that I made it to Fiji and that I was okay. 
I love him with all of my heart. 
happy father's day dad, 
you're my #1.

love, KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS