Wednesday, April 1, 2015

DROPPING THAT MIX TAPE



100% of the time I am either listening  to a song, singing a song, or have a song stuck in my head... not to mention I speak fluently in song lyrics.

if you know me, you know that music has always been a huuuuge part of my life. i danced for 10 years, i've played the violin for as long as i can remember, and i spent my childhood singing every song i heard and making up my own as well. hahahaha don't ask.

 it's almost like music has some kind of weird power over me. it has a way to tap into my emotions. a good song can instantly make me happy on bad day. a little usher can pump me right up before a game. and there's no better feeling then spitting every verse of a rap when you're feeling gangsta rappy.


as well as overall loving music, I also live alllllllll the music. every genre. all of it. (ok so some screamo is kinda weird..but you get what i'm trying to say). i like everything from hannah montana to alt j to inreka inglesias. oh and I also dig somma that country stuff. sue me. 
my favorite thing in the world is finding a new music. its like that feeling you get on christmas morning. a song comes on your pandora...you freeze, listen to it for a sec, fall in love, and then listen to it over and over until your family and friends want to kill you. yep, its true love folks. (if you ever find a good song... consider it mandatory to hmu and tell me about it. thanks!)

so today, as my blessing to this musically challenged world, i give the gift of some good songs from yours truly, DJ K80. if you don't like any of these songs, thats ok. you probably have good music taste too. and thats the cool thing about music. everybody's taste is different, but it's ok music is purely based on opinion. you might think someone's music taste is horrible, but you like your music and they like theirs, so everything is good.

these are some of my favorite songs off of the top of my head (yeah i know what you're thinking...thats a ton of music to have on the top of your head..but like i said, music is life.)

i did my best to keep most of the songs clean (which really limited my options lol) but no promises.

* country content lol

JAMS
these are the type of songs that you would play on max volume in your car, roll down all the windows, sing all the words really loud, go really fast, and just feel ALIVE.

lions in cages-wolf gang
all eyes on you-st. lucia
paul revere-beastie boys
little numbers-boy
sprawl ii-arcade fire
its tricky-run dmc
destiny's child -say my name
bust a move-young mc- i can rap this whole dang thing #holla
shut up and dance-walk the moon
all night-icona pop
shark attack-grouplove
chloe-emblem3
american dream-MKTO
midnight city-m83
you can't touch this-MC hammer
breezeblocks-alt j
dance with me tonight-olly murs
thats my kind of night-luke bryan*
time machine-ingrid michealson
replay-iyaz <-- flashback to 6th grade
beyonce-love on top
paper planes-MIA
cinderella-cheetah girls
dj got us fallin in love-usher
dreaming-smallpools
flashed junk mind-milky chance
do your thing-basement jaxx
ugly heart-GRL
we go the party with us-hannah montana
love robbery-kalin and myles
jordin sparks- tattoo

FEEL GOOD SONGS
these are the songs that make you want to lay down, take a deep breath, and cry happy tears because they're just so beautiful.


props to you if you listened to any of those.
l8r sk8rs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS